As a nurse, you’re committed to delivering the best possible care in a fast-paced and constantly-evolving health care setting. Emmanuel College’s nursing programs are designed to take your career to the next level.
Our flexible nursing course schedule supports a work-life balance for busy nursing professionals, while the quality of our academic instruction—which includes mentorship by experienced and distinguished nursing faculty and practicum opportunities at major teaching hospitals adjacent to our campus in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area—prepares graduates for more advanced and fulfilling roles and new levels of responsibility.
Nursing program options that meet your career goals:
- Online RN-to-BSN Program: This Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is specifically designed for registered nurses looking to further their education and translate their talents and training into meaningful new career opportunities.
- Master of Science in Nursing: The MSN program offers two distinctive tracks—nursing education and nursing administration—to prepare nurses for advanced roles as nurse educators, managers or administrators. This hybrid program meets every other week in person.
- Graduate Certificates in Nursing Administration and Nursing Education: Nurses who already hold an MSN can strengthen or broaden their advanced skills.
What makes Emmanuel’s Nursing programs the right choice?
- Flexibility: Evening and weekend nursing courses meet every other week—allowing you to work independently and at your own pace—with face-to-face support from professors and student colleagues. Our RN-to-BSN Program is also available online.
- Unmatched location: Emmanuel’s campus is located in the Longwood Medical and Academic Area of Boston—a thriving hub of hospitals and research institutions such as Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston Children’s Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Joslin Diabetes Center.
- Personal attention: Small classes inspire spirited discussion, and our faculty makes it a priority to know and value each student as a unique individual, recognizing your academic and personal strengths.
- Expert instruction: Our faculty includes experienced and highly-regarded nursing professionals, who bring valuable perspective and a network of connections from their nursing careers to the classroom.
- A supportive academic environment: In addition to support from student colleagues, you will work with both a faculty advisor and academic course advisor to guide you to program success. Nursing students also benefit from the College’s Academic Resource Center for writing and math support, as well as one-on-one coaching for study strategies and time management. Emmanuel’s research librarians are also available to provide assistance.
- A diverse student body: Emmanuel’s nursing students represent a range of ages, cultures and experience levels; we aim to graduate culturally competent nurses prepared to understand and treat the diverse patient population in greater Boston.