Each floor houses 45 to 75 residents who share two, single-sex bathrooms and a fully-equipped kitchen. St. Joseph Hall also includes amenities located on the ground floor for students to enjoy:
- Fitness center with strength training equipment
- Laundry facilities
- The Emmanuel Basement--a spacious lounge space featuring a large-screen television, piano, full kitchen and dining area. Student can use this space to study and hang out with friends outside of their rooms. Resident Assistants also host programs for their residents in the Basement.
- Health Services
- The "Corner Pocket" offers ping-pong, foosball and pool tables, and a large-screen television along with computer stations and printer stations.
- All student mailboxes
Our residence halls have a variety of amenities, including:
- Security card access to front doors
- Elevators in every hall
- Bathrooms on every floor
- Planned community events
- Coin and Fenway Card-operated laundry facilities
- All utilities included (no additional costs for IP-TV service, high speed internet, heat, electricity, water, etc.)
- Study lounge
- Kitchen and dining areas - with fridge, microwave, stove/oven, etc.
- Social lounges with game tables and big-screen televisions
- In-hall fitness centers (and Jean Yawkey Center fitness center)
- Group/Organization meeting rooms
- Vending machines
Residence Hall Council (RHC)
RHC is an opportunity to get involved in your hall. The aim of the council is to provide for the needs of the residential population while also serving as a representative body.
Staff is available to assist with room re-entry if you forget your ID.
Convenient on-campus locations for sending and receiving mail.
Housekeeping and maintenance
A crew of housekeeping personnel clean the bathrooms and common areas daily. If something breaks in your room, you can put in a work order with your RA and it will be fixed by our Facilities Department.
Emmanuel offers residential living communities to help maximize your college living and learning experiences.
Controlled visitation hours and regulations help to accommodate resident's desire for visitation as well as protect their right to privacy.
The average room in a residence hall measures 11' x 18' (3.3 m x 5.5 m).
Floorplan of an average double room:
Average room dimensions: 11' x 18' (3.3 m x 5.5 m)
Average window dimensions: Width: 6' (188 cm) Height: 4'8" (142 cm)
Average bed dimensions: Length: 79 inches (201 cm)
Mattress size: 80" x 36" (extra long twin sheets)
All bedrooms are fully furnished. Student are not permitted to bring their own mattresses. Residence Life will not remove any provided furniture from the room. Below please find what furniture is included by room type:
- 2 twin beds
- 2 desks and chairs
- 2 dressers
- 2 closets or wardrobes
- overhead light
- 3 twin beds
- 3 desks and chairs
- 3 dressers
- 3 closets or wardrobes
- overhead light
St. Joseph Hall is currently staffed by a full-time Assistant Director/Resident Director, a part-time graduate assistant and eleven resident assistants. Staff offices are located to the left as you enter the building and the St. Joseph Staff is always ready to meet a new face! Stop by and say, "Hello!"