MOVE-IN TIME FOR NEW STUDENTS
New students, including transfers, are able to arrive Sunday, September 2, 2018. Move-In will take place throughout the course of the day beginning at 8am and continuing in intervals organized by building and room number until 4pm. Information on specific time slots for arrivals will be emailed directly to the student at their Emmanuel e-mail address the second week of August.
MOVE-IN TIME FOR RETURNING STUDENTS
Returning students are able to arrive Monday, September 3, 2018. Move-In will take place throughout the course of the day beginning at 9am and continuing in intervals organized by last name until 5pm. Information on specific time slots for arrivals will be emailed directly to the student at their Emmanuel e-mail address the second week of August.
Notre Dame Campus residents:
Move-in for the Notre Dame Campus will take place on Saturday, September 1, 2018. We will be sending out a modified schedule and set of instructions for Notre Dame Campus move-in the second week of August.
New Residence Hall residents:
As we wrap up construction on the building, we are working with the construction company and our Facilities Department on when the New Residence Hall will be available for residents to move in. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. More information with move-in dates and process are forthcoming.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Move-In Days are busy days on campus so we appreciate your patience as we work to get all of our students moved in. We ask that families follow all instructions from our Campus Safety officers and staff members.
- The College has a Move-In Team to help assist with the move-in process for both new and returning students during the designated times. Team members help transport items from vehicles to student rooms using bins. Bins will not be available for individual use after designated move-in times.
We recommend that families bring dollies or hand trucks to help expedite the move-in process.
- Each family is permitted to bring only one car/truck/van (no trailers, large U-Hauls, or any kind of moving trucks permitted). A one-vehicle restriction is necessary to keep traffic flowing in a manner that gives every student adequate time to move in.
- A driver MUST stay with the vehicle at all times. Once the vehicle is unloaded, it must be moved off-campus to the designated parking location so the next student can begin their move-in process. After you park your car, you are welcome to return to your student's room and help them unpack.
- You will not be able to move-in if you have a remaining balance on your tuition bill. You may view your bill and make payment by visiting emmanuel.afford.com
- Early Arrivals--if students are participating in a program that requires them to arrive prior to above move-in days (i.e. Orientation, athletic team, etc) or if the student is a summer resident transitioning to their fall assignment, they will receive separate instructions. If you have any questions, please contact Residence Life & Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailing Information--Mailbox number and combinations have been sent to all students. All mailboxes are located in St. Joseph Hall regardless of your housing assignment. Students may send packages 1 week before their move-in date. Any packages received more than a week before will be returned to the sender. Packages can be picked up at the Mailroom, located in the Administration Building, Room 150, upon receipt of the automated e-mail.
Please follow the sample below when sending mail or packages to campus:
FIRST & LAST NAME BOX#
Boston MA 02115
If you have any questions, please contact the main Residence Life office at 617-735-9746 or via e-mail at email@example.com.