The three-course program provides licensed educators with content in strategies for teaching students with disabilities and diverse learning styles.
The courses and seminar meet the following competencies for an add-on Moderate Disabilities license:
- Educational terminology for students with mild to moderate disabilities;
- Preparation, implementation, and evaluation of Individualized Education Plans (IEPs);
- Design or modification of curriculum, instructional materials, and general education classroom environments for students with moderate disabilities;
- Federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to special education;
- Coverage of Knowledge of services provided by other agencies;
- Ways to prepare and maintain students with disabilities for general education classrooms;
- Instruction on the appropriate use of augmentative and alternative communication and other assistive technologies.
Applicants must provide undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts. Prior to acceptance, a transcript review will be conducted to determine that previous course work addressed license required content and competencies.
Emmanuel's certificate program requires successful completion of testing and coursework:
EDUC 5401: Child and Adolescent Development
EDUC 5750: Teaching Students with Disabilities for General Education Professionals
EDUC 5762: Moderate Disabilities Practicum/ Seminar (150-hour practicum) Candidates must pass required MTEL (Massachusetts Teacher Educator License) for this add-on license prior to endorsement.
- EDUC 5401 Child and Adolescent Development October 30 -December 17
- EDUC 5750 Teaching Students with Disabilities for General Education Professional Jan -Feb 2018
- EDUC 5752 Moderate Disabilities Practicum/Seminar March -April 2018