Candidates applying to a graduate degree or certificate program must submit the following application materials:
- Completed Admission Application
Candidates are encouraged to complete the application online.
- Official transcripts
Official transcripts from all regionally accredited academic institutions attended are required. Transcripts must show the completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- For Master of Science in Nursing applicants, transcripts must show the completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited institution.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or above is generally expected for acceptance to the graduate management and graduate education programs. A GPA of 3.0 or above is generally expected for acceptance to the graduate nursing program.
- Two Completed Recommendation Forms
Recommendations should be requested from professional supervisors or educators, with one from a current supervisor or educator. Recommenders should provide specific information about the candidate’s abilities and potential to succeed in the program.
- Admissions Essay
Candidates must submit a 500-word (minimum) essay addressing the following:
- Identification of educational goals and expectations in seeking the graduate degree or certificate of choice.
- An example of how prior experiences will be utilized to make a special contribution to this graduate program and the learning of others.
- The description of a challenging professional situation in which options were critically analyzed, a decision was reached and leadership was utilized to initiate change.
- Description of professional work experience including any special certifications.
The candidate’s name should appear on all pages of the essay.
- Current Résumé
Candidates must submit a one-page (minimum) résumé summarizing all professional work experience and previous education.
- Nursing License (for Master of Science in Nursing + Certificates of Graduate Study in Nursing Applicants ONLY)
Candidates must provide proof of current Massachusetts RN License from www.mass.gov/dph/boards/rn or eligibility to apply for reciprocity based on other U.S. State licensure.
- International student applicants only:
Emmanuel requires supplemental materials for all international students including U.S. students living abroad.
Application materials should be sent to:
- Emmanuel College
- Office of Admission for Graduate + Professional Programs
- 400 The Fenway
- Boston, MA 02115
- 617-507-0434 (fax)