All individuals parking on campus are required to have a valid parking tag. Parking during the hours of 7:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, is restricted to student commuters who live outside the City of Boston and Emmanuel employees who have College-issued parking permits. We strongly encourage the use of public transportation. The MBTA Green Line Fenway station is a short walk from the Emmanuel campus. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services to purchase a monthly MBTA pass.
Parking is available to commuter students on a first-come, first-served basis. The student must submit a parking application to the Vice President for Student Affairs each semester for approval. The Parking Committee reviews applications and notifies applicants prior to the start of class. Fees for the 2018-2019 academic year are $375.00 (classes scheduled four days or more); $225.00 (classes scheduled three days or fewer).
The College does not issue parking permits to resident students or to commuters who live in Boston (Allston, Back Bay, Bay Village, Beacon Hill, Brighton, Charlestown, Dorchester, Downtown, East Boston, Fenway Kenmore, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan, Mission Hill, North End, Roslindale, Roxbury, South Boston, South End, West End and West Roxbury), Brookline and parts of Newton.
Prospective parents and students visiting the campus for a tour, information session or other Admissions event are offered on-campus parking, as available. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Faculty, administrators and staff should notify Campus Safety of visitors by submitting a parking request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emmanuel students and their guests who wish to park on campus between the hours of 5:00 pm and 7:30 am the following morning must purchase a single-day parking pass for $10.00. To purchase the pass, the host student must do the following:
- Visit Campus Safety (Room 139 Admin) 24 hours prior to the anticipated arrival of the student/guest vehicle to purchase a single-day pass. The cost is $10.00 per day. Host student may pay by cash, Fenway cash or personal check.
- Be a current Emmanuel student and present a valid Emmanuel ID. The College does not permit students from other colleges and their guests to park on campus including MCPHS residents.
- Provide the visitor name, phone number, relevant vehicle information, as well as contact information of the host student.
- Inform the guest to stop at the booth when arriving on campus and the Campus Safety officer on duty will give the visitor the parking tag. Emmanuel students follow the same procedure.
In order to ensure for sufficient spaces for members of our community, the College will strictly enforce the following parking regulations:
- Campus Safety will issue only single-day passes. The maximum number of day passes issued per Emmanuel student per week is two.
- All visitors must park in the Library Lot with the parking tag displayed on the vehicle's rear view mirror at all times.
- All authorized student/visitor vehicles must exit the campus by 7:30 am, Monday through Friday and by noon on Saturday and Sunday.
- Campus Safety will only issue student/visitor parking passes as dictated by the number of spaces available.
- Parking availability is subject to change depending on campus events/activities.
- Any vehicle found in violation of these regulations is subject to tow.
Handicapped parking spaces are located at the south entrance to the Administration Building and available for officially marked vehicles with an Emmanuel parking permit. The College will tow motor vehicles that are not properly marked and parked in handicapped or reserved spaces.
Campus Safety will not condone the operation of motor vehicles in an unsafe or threatening manner that includes:
- Driving an unregistered vehicle
- Driving without a proper license or with a revoked license
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving on walkways or unpaved areas
During the winter months, a snow emergency may be declared. Failure to move cars to facilitate snow removal will result in immediate towing. The College will post declaration of snow emergency and parking restrictions on the Emmanuel College portal.
Vehicles may not park on the Emmanuel campus without a properly displayed permit or pass. The College will tow unauthorized vehicles parked on campus at the owner's expense. Tow payments are the responsibility of the owner. Please note that these enforcement procedures ensure that parking is available for eligible faculty, staff and students.