Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to the questions most frequently asked of the Emmanuel College Office of Student Financial Services by parents and students.

When is the bill due?

Students will be notified at their Emmanuel email address when their fall semester tuition bill is available online in early July. The fall semester bill and health insurance requirement are due in early August. The spring semester bill is available online in mid-November and due in mid-December.   

Can my parents have access to view my tuition bill online?

You may provide parents, and/or other authorized users, access to your tuition bill by clicking on "Manage Account Access" from within the Student Account Center at They will receive an e-mail notification with instructions on how to create their own username and password to view and make payments on your tuition bill.  

Why is the financial aid I received not crediting my tuition bill?

If you completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and your aid does not credit your bill, supplemental information may be needed to complete your financial aid application. Please contact your Student Financial Services Counselor for further information.

If you are borrowing a Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loan and it does not appear on your bill, please complete both the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling requirements at To decline the loans, please e-mail  Please note Federal Work Study is not applied toward your tuition bill. If you choose to work on campus you will receive a paycheck every two weeks for any hours that you have worked.

What options do I have to pay the balance after financial aid?

There are several options to pay your bill after your financial aid has been applied including the interest-free monthly payment plan as well as student and parent loans. For more information please visit If you have concerns about paying your tuition bill, please contact your student financial services counselor.

Can I use a private scholarship as a credit toward my tuition bill?

Yes. Please forward a copy of the scholarship letter to the Office of Student Financial Services. Although uncommon, the addition of a private scholarship may affect your eligibility for financial aid.

Am I required to purchase the College’s health insurance?

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires that all students enrolled at least ¾ time have health insurance coverage. Each academic year, you must complete either a health insurance waiver documenting that you have health insurance coverage, or enroll in the College's plan. Both the waiver and the online enrollment may be completed at Students who have not submitted either an enrollment form or a waiver by the deadline will be enrolled in the College's plan and charged the health insurance premium.

How do I purchase a commuter meal plan?

If you are living off campus and wish to purchase a meal plan, please e-mail with your request. Please indicate if you wish to add the plan for 5 meals per week ($638 per semester) or 8 meals per week ($1,020 per semester).

If you live off campus in a residence hall, please contact Residence Life to request a meal plan.