Career + Internship Opportunities
At Emmanuel, internships are considered a priceless component of a student's education experience. 100% of accounting and management students participate in an internship before graduating. They recognize that such experiences go above and beyond names they can put on their resumes. For them, internships are practical. Tangible. Real. They are essential opportunities in a student's journey towards a professional career.
All accounting and management majors complete a required, intensive internship. This internship is linked to a course which helps students connect classroom theory to practice. Our internship course is recognized by employers around Boston as evidence of the academic quality and faculty engagement that make the Emmanuel experience distinctive. Corporate site supervisors praise the breadth and depth that our students bring to their internship site, noting the students ability to think critically. They also praise the time spent by faculty to gain feedback on the preparation, skills and performance of the students, as well as to guide students toward success in their internships.
At our encouragement, 50% of our majors also complete at least one additional internship to gain experience and build their professional network in a variety of fields and for multiple employers. On average 25 - 30% of graduates receive job offers from their internship experiences.
Recent internships include:
- KPMG - Accounting Intern
- Boston Bruins - Sales Intern
- City Year - Development Intern
- Burberry - Operations Intern
- Fidelity Investments - Audit Analyst
- Major League Lacrosse Assoc. - Sponsorship Fulfillment Intern
- Mayor's Office of New Bostonians - Event Coordinator Intern
- 451 Marketing - Social Media Marketing Intern
- Campbell, DeVasto & Assoc. - Tax Audit Intern
- Harvard Athletics - Sports Management Intern
- Career Resources, Haverhill - Human Resources Intern
- Boston Police - Finance Intern
- Mitt Romeny's Presidential Campaign - Finance Intern
- Boston Events Guide - Public Relations/Marketing Intern
To learn more about internship opportunities, please visit the Career Center.