View the 2020-2021 Academic Catalog to find course titles, numbers and descriptions.
Requirements for B.A. in Mathematics
- MATH2101 Linear Algebra (QA)
- MATH2103 Calculus III (QA)
- MATH2109 Introduction to Proofs (QA)
- MATH2113 Applied Statistics (QA)
- MATH3101 Real Analysis
- MATH3107 Abstract Algebra
- MATH4157 Senior Seminar
At least three electives to be chosen from
- MATH2104 College Geometry (QA)*
- MATH2107 Differential Equations (QA)
- MATH2111 Mathematical Modeling in the Sciences (QA)
- MATH2115 Introduction to Programming with MATLAB (QA)
- MATH3103 Probability
- MATH3105 Advanced Statistics
- MATH3113 Special Topics in Mathematics
- MATH4101 Programming in SAS
- MATH4178 Directed Study
- MATH4194/95 Research Internship I and II**
*Required for students seeking Teacher Licensure in Mathematics
**MATH4194 counts as a 3000-level math elective for a B.A. in Mathematics if the entire two-semester internship sequence (MATH4194 and MATH4195) is completed. Students receive academic credit for the second internship course (MATH4195), but it would not be counted as one of the 10 required mathematics courses.
Teacher Licensure in Mathematics
Students seeking teacher licensure in mathematics must complete a major in mathematics as well as complete required education courses and student teaching. Education requirement are available through the education department. Interested students should also consult the mathematics department regarding optimal selection of electives. Students who are seeking teacher licensure in mathematics must select MATH2104 College Geometry as one of their electives.
Students seeking Initial Licensure in Massachusetts must pass the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL).