View the 2018-2019 Academic Catalog to find course titles, numbers and descriptions.
Requirements for B.A. in History
Choose three from the following:
- HIST1105 United States History to 1877 (H)
- HIST1106 United States History Since 1877(H)
- HIST1107 African History: Themes (H)
- HIST1108 World History to 1500 (H)
- HIST1109 Modern World History (H)
- HIST1111 An Introduction to East Asian History
- HIST1114 Creating the Atlantic World
Required Core Courses:
- HIST2701 Historical Methods and Research
- HIST4000 Senior Seminar: Historiography
- HIST4194/95 Internship I & II
- Five other departmental courses; at least three must be at the 3000-level
Teacher Licensure In History
Students seeking teacher licensure in history must complete a major in history as well as complete required education courses and student teaching. Education requirements are available through the education department.
Students seeking Initial Licensure in Massachusetts must pass the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL).