Management: Sports Management
Boston is a global business hub and a passionate sports town with a fan base to match.
Combine your love for the game with the complex study of sport management, focusing on analysis, marketing, ethics and the legal landscape.
View the 2016-2017 Academic Catalog to find course titles, numbers and descriptions.
Requirements for B.A. in Management with Concentration in Sport Management
In addition to courses required for the management major, students take 12 credits from courses listed below. They do their Management Internship (MGMT3496) in a sport marketing or sport management related position.
- MGMT2401 Introduction to Sport Management
- MGMT3422 Sport Marketing
- MGMT3423 Sport Law
Learning Goals + Outcomes
At the completion of the Management Major, students will:
- Be able to address issues of personal and social responsibility in their organizations and communities.
- Have fundamental knowledge of concepts and analytical tools within management, business, and economics and be able to apply this knowledge to the analysis and resolution of management problems and situations at work.
- Communicate effectively: orally and in writing, using concepts and analytical tools from management, business and economics.
- Better understand-their values, their strengths, their weaknesses and their interests-and be able to apply this self-knowledge to job and career path