Lecturer of Psychology; Internship Capstone Coordinator
Office: Administration Building, Room 421C
Office hours: Tuesdays, 1:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.; Thursdays, 11:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY, August 1997. (Fully accredited by the American Psychological Association); B.A., Social Science, University of Michigan, College of Literature Science and the Arts, Residential College, Ann Arbor, MI, April 1988; University of Provence, Aix-en-Provence, France Michigan-Wisconsin Junior Year Abroad Program (1986-1987)
Publications + Presentations
- Bruch, M.A., Rivet, K.M., Heimberg, R.G., & Levin, M.A. (1997). Shyness, alcohol expectancies, and drinking behavior: Replication and extension of a suppressor effect. Personality and Individual Differences, 22, 193-200.
- Levin, M.A. (1996). Mother-daughter relationships in divorced vs. intact families: Conflictual independence, attachment and college adjustment. Ann Arbor, MI: University Microfilms International.
- Levin, M.A. (1997). A multi-level approach to the prevention of suicide on college campuses. Paper presented at the International Congress on Prevention and Psychology, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Levin, M.A. (1997). Ethics and the preparation of professional counselors in the U.S. Symposium conducted at the First National Congress on Counseling, Coimbra, Portugal.
Grants + Recognition
- Presidential Distinguished Doctoral Dissertation Award (1997), University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY
- Benevolent Association Research Grant (1995), University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY