With a robust internship program and events such as career fairs, on-campus interview opportunities, employer panels and more, Emmanuel offers a range of resources for employers seeking to recruit Emmanuel students.
The Internship Program
The College recognizes that internships and experiential learning are high-impact practices and instrumental to the success of students and graduates. Real-world experiences are a standard component of the undergraduate curriculum, with 100% of students participating in an experiential learning opportunity before graduation. Students work in collaboration with their faculty supervisor and Career Advisor to determine the opportunities that are the best fi t for their major requirements and career aspirations.
What is an Internship?
Emmanuel College defines an internship as a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths.
Quality internship experiences should have a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications. Learning objectives and goals should be clearly defined and related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework. Students should be supervised and provided with routine feedback by an experienced professional with educational and/or professional background in the field.
Posting a Position
HireSaints is Emmanuel College's career management system for students and recruiting database for employer partners. By registering and creating a free employer account, employers can post full- and part-time employment opportunities, internships, fellowships, volunteer experiences and on-campus employment opportunities, as well as track applicants and learn about upcoming career programming and events, all free of charge.
Create your HireSaints profile and post available positions today. To create your profile and post positions, please visit: www.emmanuel.edu/hiresaints
Working with the Career Center, employers can find many ways to connect with students seeking employment and internship opportunities:
- Company Visits – Host students, faculty and career advisors onsite. There, they can learn how the organization functions and come to understand the challenges of the working world from an insider’s perspective. Each visit may include an overview presentation, job shadowing, site tours and opportunities for student to meet with employees.
- Internship and Career Fairs – Gain visibility and maximize your recruiting potential on campus. With our industry-focused career fairs, you will meet a large number of motivated, interested and qualified students.
- Recruiter Series – Visit campus and share information about your organization, available opportunities, company culture and hiring timelines. The Career Center can provide assistance with advertising and promoting the visit to students.
- On-Campus Interviewing – Conduct one-on-one or group interviews with prospective candidates. The Career Center will assist you in scheduling and reserving space to meet your recruiting needs.
- Employer Panels – Sit on a panel to offer insight into your industry and share information about your organization, as well as your own professional journey. Employer panels are often paired with informal networking before or after the event.
- Be the Expert – Volunteer to review resumes, facilitate mock interviews or present in class. Connect with students and increase awareness about your organization early in our students’ careers.
On-Campus Student Employment Opportunities
All student employment opportunities are required to be posted in HireSaints.
- Visit emmanuel.edu/HireSaints and select “Employer” then “Sign Up and Post Job” or “Sign in.”
- Create a new account or sign in if you have posted positions in the past
- Create job posting
- The position type for all on-campus opportunities should be “Part-time: On-Campus - FWS & NonFWS”
- Complete all required fields and select “Accumulate Applications in HireSaints”
- Adjust the “End Date” when you have a sufficient number of applicants, we encourage you to post your position for at least 10 business days. First-year students gain access to HireSaints in early July.
- Once you have completed the search process select “Hired” or “Not Hired” on the Student Resumes Tab to let Human Resources know who you have hired.
- If the student is new to working on campus, direct them to complete New Hire Paperwork with Human Resources.
Connect with the Employer Relations Team
Contact our office by phone (617) 735-9930 or email at email@example.com. Contact our Employer Relations team directly at (617) 975-9013.