Advising at a Glance
Fall Semester-First Year Students
- Early September: First group advising session (What is Academic Advising?).
- Early-September to Mid-October: First individual meeting between students and Academic Advisors.
- Late October: Mid-Term Grades and Second group advising meeting (How to register for courses).
- Mid-October to Early November: Second individual meeting to review spring course choices.
- Early November: Spring semester course registration and last day to Withdraw from courses with a “W”.
- Mid-November to Mid-December: Individual meetings as needed and final exams.
Fall Semester-Sophomore Students
- Late September: Sophomore group advising meeting (How to Declare your Major).
- September to December: Meet with Academic Advisor as needed until declaration of major.
Spring Semester-First Year Students
- Mid-January: Spring semester begins and individual appointments as necessary.
- Mid-February: Third group advising session (Four- Year Academic Plan process and Degree Audit).
- Mid-February to Mid- April: Individual meeting to create Four-Year Academic Plans &/or choose fall semester courses.
- Late-March: Mid-Semester grades.
- Late April: Fall course registration.
- Late March to Early May: Individual meetings to update/continue creating Four-Year Academic Plan.
- May: Final exams and end of semester.
Spring Semester-Sophomore Students
- Mid-January to Late February: Individual appointment to declare major.
- March 1st: Deadline to declaration major.
For information specific information and exact dates, please refer to the Academic Calendar.
Emmanuel’s Peer-Tutoring Program Receives Certification
Emmanuel’s Peer Tutoring Program, facilitated by the College’s Academic Resource Center (ARC), was recently granted Level 1 International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC) from the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA).