Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Ph.D., M.S., Northwestern University; B.A., Boston College
Office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Other times by appointment
Office: Library Ground, Room 17
My current research interests lie in the application of mathematics to biological systems.
- MATH 1101 - College Algebra
- MATH 1103 - Precalculus
- MATH 1105 - Topics in Contemporary Mathematics
- MATH 1111 - Calculus I
- MATH 1112 - Calculus II
- MATH 1121 - Applied Mathematics
- A. M. Berezhkovskii, C. Sample and S. Y. Shvartsman. Formation of morphogen gradients: Local accumulation time. Physical Review E, Vol. 83, No. 5, 051906, 2011.
- C. Sample and A. A. Golovin. Morphological and chemical oscillations in a double membrane system.SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, Vol. 71, No. 2, 622-634, 2011.
- P. V. Gordon, C. Sample, A. M. Berezhkovskii, C. B. Muratov and S. Y. Shvartsman. Local kinetics of morphogen gradients.Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 108, No. 15, 6157-6162, 2011.
- A. M. Berezhkovskii, C. Sample and S. Y. Shvartsman. How long does it take to establish a morphogen gradient? Biophysical Journal, Vol. 99, 59-61, 2010.
- C. Sample and S. Y. Shvartsman. Multiscale modeling of diffusion in the early Drosophila embryo.Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 107,No. 22, 10092, 2010.
- C. Sample and A. A. Golovin. Nonlinear dynamics of a double bilipid membrane. Physical Review E, Vol. 76, No. 3, 031925, 2007.
- C. Sample and A. A. Golovin. Formation of porous metal oxides in the anodization process. Physical Review E, Vol. 74, No. 4, 041606, 2006.