Chair, Departments of Mathematics and Information Technology; Associate Professor of Mathematics
Ph.D., Emory University; M.S., St. Petersburg State University, Russia
Office hours: MW 3:00-4:00 p.m., TTH 9:30 -10:30 a.m., 1:40-3:00 p.m.
Other hours by appointment
Office: Library Ground, Room 13
Teaching mathematics fills me with joy; seeing the students overcoming their fear of mathematics, watching the smiles on their faces when a problem is solved, laughing with them, learning from them, nourishing their success, and standing by them at graduation provides me with regular reminders of how happy I am to have found a profession I find so rewarding.
My current research interest is in the area of Statistical Genetics. The goal of the research groups I work with is to identify genes susceptible to complex human diseases (such as cancer, autistic disorder, or cardiovascular diseases). Accomplishing this goal requires statistical analyses as well as the development of new, more powerful statistical methods.
- MATH 1111 - Calculus I
- MATH 1112 - Calculus II
- MATH 1117 - Introduction to Statistics
- MATH 2103 - Calculus III
- MATH 2109 - Discrete Methods
- MATH 2113 - Applied Statistics
- MATH 3105 - Advanced Statistics
- ITECH 4101 - Programming in SAS
- A High Omega-3 Fatty Acid Diet has Different Effects on Early and Late Stage Myeloid Progenitors, Melinda E. Varney, James T. Buchanan, Yulia Dementieva, W. Elaine Hardman and Vincent E. Sollars, Lipids, January 2011, 1: 47-57
- Identification of the Early VIP Transcriptome and its Associated Interactome in Resting and Activated Murine CD4 T Cells, Sheri Tinnell Dorsam, Emilie Vomhof-Dekrey, Rebecca Hermann, Jodie Haring, Travis van der Steen, Erich Wilkerson, Goran Boskovic, James Denvir, Yulia Dementieva, Donald Primerano and Glenn Paul Dorsam, Molecular Immunology, 2010 Mar; 47(6):1181-94
- Eradication of therapy-resistant human prostate tumors using an ultrasound guided site-specific Mda7/IL-24 cancer terminator virus, Adelaide Greco, A.D. Benedetto, C. Howard, S. Kelly, Y. Dementieva, M. Miranda, A. Brunetti, M. Salvatore, L. Claudio, D. Sarkar, P.B. Fisher, and P.P. Claudio, Molecular Therapy, (2010) 18 2, 295-306
- Proteomic and genomic analysis of PITX2 interacting and regulating networks, Y. Huang, K. Huang, G. Boskovic, Y. Dementieva, J. Denvir, D.A. Primerano, G.Z. Zhu; FEBS Letters, 2009; Vol. 583, Issue 4, Pages 638-642
- Accelerated head growth in early development of individuals with autism, Y. Dementieva, D. Vance, S. Donnely, L. Elston, , C. Wolpert, S. Ravan, G. DeLong, R. Abramson, H. Wright, M. Cuccaro; Pediatric Neurology, Vol. 32, Issue 2, pp. 102-108, Feb. 2005
- Analysis of European mitochondrial haplogroups with Alzheimer disease risk, J. van der Walt, Y. Dementieva, E. Martin, W. Scott, K. Nicodimus, C. Kroner, K. Welsh-Bohmer, A. Saunders, A. Roses, G. Small, D. Schmechel, P. Doraiswammy, J. Gilbert, J. Haines, J. Vance, M. Pericak-Vance, Neuroscience Letters, 365 (1) pp. 28-32, 2004
- On characterizing hypergraph regularity, Y. Dementieva, P. Haxell, B. Nagle, V. Rodl, Random Structures and Algorithms, Vol. 21, Issue 3-4, pp. 293-335, Oct-Dec. 2002.
- Mathematics and Statistics Annual Conference, Statistical Aspects of Identification of Genes Contributing to Obesity Associated Cardiovascular Disease, oral presentation, Miami University, Oxford, OH, September 29-30, 2006
- International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR), Accelerated Head Growth during Early Development and Risk for Autistic Disorder, oral presentation, Sacramento, CA, May 7-8, 2004
- International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR), Linkage of Autistic Disorder to Chromosome 15q11-q13 Using Phenotypic Subtypes, oral presentation, Orlando, FL, November 1-2, 2002
- 32 Southeastern Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory, and Computing, Baton Rouge, LA, Feb. 26 - March 2, 2001 (On Characterizing Hypergraph Regularity, oral presentation)