Lecturer, Information Technology
M.S., University of Craiova, Romania
Office hours: Monday 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 - 9:15 a.m.
Office: Library, Room 105-H
Phone: (617) 975-9363
I love teaching and I do it with dedication! I approach my job on the premise that teaching is not a one direction process: the professor teaches and the students learn. I believe that we can all learn from each other - I challenge my students to teach me and each other. It makes the learning experience richer and deeper and it creates a sense of participation that will build life-long learners!
Integrate technology in the educational process
A lot of my work in the past few years has been dedicated to integrating technology in my courses in an engaging and creative way. I designed two online courses and one blended course and also changed the way I teach my face to face courses to include technology at the core of the educational activities.
Crossroads of the digital and real worlds: Integrating technology in education
My research is focused at this moment on two distinct areas:
- Using technology in the classroom as an integral part of the educational process, not an add-on.
- Online and blended teaching.
- ITECH 1101 - Computer Applications for Liberal Arts
- ITECH 1103 - Introduction to Electronic Spreadsheets
- ITECH 2100 - Information Technology for a changing society
- ITECH 3103 - Information Systems for the workplace
- ITECH3105 - Social issues in Computing
- ITECH 1101 - OL Online Computer Applications
- MGMT 6109 - Computer Applications
- "Crossroads of the real and digital worlds: virtual field trips for online and blended courses", ICERI2011 - 4th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation Madrid (Spain) - 14th, 15th and 16th of November, 2011.
- "The Never-Ending Battle: How to Convince Your Skeptics That OL is OK", 17th Annual Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning, Nov 9-11, Orlando, FL.