Teacher Licensure in History
Students seeking teacher licensure in history must complete a major in history as well as complete required education courses and student teaching. Education requirements are available through the education department.
Students seeking Initial Licensure in Massachusetts must pass the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL).
History Content Course Requirements for Secondary Education Students
- HIST1105 United States History to 1877
- HIST1106 United States History Since 1877
- HIST1108 World History to 1500
- HIST1109 Modern World History
- HIST2119 Nineteenth Century Europe
- HIST2120 Europe in the Era of World War
- HIST4000 Senior Seminar: Historiography
- SOC2129 Cultural Geography
- Three other departmental courses, at least two of which must be at the 3000-level