As a liberal arts and sciences college, Emmanuel College affords its students the intellectual tools to cultivate their interests and talents, explore diverse professional fields and succeed. But it's more than just the knowledge acquired from textbooks that will provide students with a competitive advantage.
At Emmanuel, internships and research are considered a priceless component of the educational experience.
Intellectual rigor meets practical reality, and theory meets practice in valuable internships across all disciplines, throughout Boston and around the world. Internships prove to be pivotal components of our students' academic experience and an essential opportunity in their journey towards a professional career and graduate school. View a selection of intern profiles »
• Nearly 90% of Emmanuel College students participate in an internship before graduating. For our students, internships are practical, tangible and real.
• 1/3 of the full-time job offers new Emmanuel graduates receive come from the companies at which they interned.
• More than 1,200 possible internship opportunities in Greater Boston and beyond are listed on our online career site, EC3: Emmanuel College Career Connect.
Recent internship placements include:
• American Red Cross
• Amnesty International
• Arnold Worldwide Advertising
• ARAMARK- Fenway Park
• Big Brothers Big Sisters
• Boston Bruins
• Boston Police Crime Lab
• Children's Hospital Boston
• Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
• Fairmont Copley Plaza PR Office
• Harvard Medical School
• Hill Holliday
• The Improper Bostonian Magazine
• Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
• KISS 108 FM Radio
• Kraft Sports Marketing
• Make-A-Wish Foundation
• MA Attorney General's Office
• MA General Hospital
• MA Multicultural Council
• MA Prevention of Cruelty to Children
• MA State House
• Middle Eastern Studies Institute
• Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
• Museum of Science
• New England Aquarium
• New England Cable News
• New England Genealogic Society
• O'Neill and Associates
• Paul Revere House
• Robert Goodman, P.C.
• United Nations of Greater Boston
• WCVB-TV 5, Boston's ABC Affiliate
• WGBH Antiques Roadshow
At Emmanuel, students prepare for fasten-your-seatbelt explorations into a universe of "Why?" and "What if?" with the potential to make a powerful impact in peoples' lives. At most colleges, working on major research projects shoulder-to-shoulder with faculty is for graduate students. At most colleges, undergrads never see their work in print. But Emmanuel is not most colleges. This is a personal college committed to meaningful work. Read an Emmanuel Magazine article about faculty-student collaborative research »
Emmanuel College students are succeeding in every field and profession in Boston and beyond. They came to Emmanuel eager to learn skills for the future and left four years later confident, prepared and curious for a lifetime of personal fulfillment and professional achievement.
Through the assistance of the Office of Internships and Career Development, our recent graduates have landed leading positions in business, education, healthcare, financial services, government, non-profit work, media and advertising.
Other alums have pursued graduate school following their studies at Emmanuel. Right now, an Emmanuel biochemistry major is a doctoral student at Harvard Medical School; an English literature major is a law student at Georgetown University; and a Political Science major is a Ph.D. candidate at the University of London. Where will Emmanuel College lead you? Anywhere you want to go.