EC3 Career Advice Network
What does being in the Career Advice Network (CAN) involve?
- Being available (you choose how often) to give career advice to current students
- You choose the maximum number of students you'd like to help at a time
- You choose how you'd like to be contacted (e-mail, phone, mail)
- CAN does not require a long term mentoring commitment
Become part of the CAN!
- Visit EC3 »
- Log in using your existing account OR register for the first time (Contact ICD for required password)
- When registering, be sure to choose these 2 options:
- "Yes" for the question, "Are you an Emmanuel Alum?"
- "Yes" for the question, "If you are an Alum, do you want to be in the Career Advice Network (CAN)?"
- Submit your registration. The ICD Office will review it for approval and send you an e-mail (typically within 24 hours).
When you log in for the first time:
1. Under the Quick Links section, choose "Manage Career Advice Network (CAN) Profile"
2. Fill in the appropriate info about your education and career
3. Choose how many students you'd like to help at a time
4. Choose your preferred method of contact
That's it! Once you fill out your CAN Profile, students will be able to search for you and contact you for career advice.
Not sure you want to be part of the CAN? That's OK!
You can still use EC3 for your own professional pursuits. With EC3, you can reconnect with other alumni, connect with employers, and find jobs, internships, career events and more. To get started:
- Visit EC3 and log into your account
- In your CAN Profile, choose "No" for the statement: "Make my professional network profile active."