Emergency Planning Tips
The College continues to plan for potential emergency situations. Below are three helpful tips when creating a personal emergency plan.
- It may be easier to make a long-distance phone call than to call across town, so an out-of-town contact may be in a better position to communicate among separated family members.
- Be sure every member of your family knows the phone number and has coins or a prepaid phone card to call the emergency contact.
- You may have trouble getting through, or the telephone system may be down altogether, but be patient.
- Create an emergency go kit. Click here for for a list of items to help you start your kit.
- For more helpful tips visit http://www.ready.gov